AURA QUE is not just about the finished products; its about the fair trade producers and their families that I work directly with, the constant challenges working in Nepal, as well as all the people I meet on my travels....

11 February 2013

Ten years on from my first visit to Nepal!

Well how is this to make me feel old? Its ten years this month since I first lived in Nepal for five months before art college in 2003.  I was based in the Terai southern region of the country, in a rural village with two other English girls, Kate and Hannah, teaching conversational English classes at the local school!

That was when I realised that I loved the people and the country Nepal, but teaching languages was not my calling! Especially with classes of up to 60 kids! We managed to have fun doing various word games, making activities, outdoor games and English conversation, to liven up the kids' school day - as in rural government schools, education and learning generally consisted of chanting phrases unfortunately.

Anyway, here are some pictures I have dug out from that trip, in the school and at the Nepali family house we lodged in the local area. Brought back lots of good memories for me!!

1nepal2003_blog
2nepal2003_blog
3nepal2003_blog
5nepal2003_blog
4nepal2003_blog
6nepal2003_blog
7nepal2003_blog
8nepal2003_blog

Posted via email from AURA QUE