AURA QUE is not just about the finished products; its about the fair trade producers and their families that I work directly with, the constant challenges working in Nepal, as well as all the people I meet on my travels....

28 June 2010

Opening of the Fair Trade Cooperative in Holmfirth..

So I have been getting used to being back in the UK after my last trip to Nepal and India.  This is the first time I have been back in the UK for June for at least 5 years, and I have to say I am loving it!! The beautiful weather is making me appreciate the british countryside all around where I am based in Yorkshire - fantastic!

Anyway, when I first got back, I went to the opening of a new Co-operative project in Holmfirth - http://www.thefairtraderscooperative.co.uk/ - founded and invested in by the local community, the new shop sells a range of fair trade and ethical products and gifts.  As well as the shop, there is also a community room where customers can relax and learn more about how the Fair Traders Co-operative works. 

At the opening, I was introduced to the new local MP for Colne Valley, Jason McCartney, who took an interest in the AURA QUE leathergoods that are for sale at the new store...

Photo by Ciaran Bodenham

Posted via email from AURA QUE